Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce that we are currently recruiting Biology Teachers (Secondary/High School Level) for a major client of ours based in Qatar.
A great opportunity to be part of highly reputable school and earn a tax free salary!
Key Responsibilities of Biology Teachers include:
• To play a full part in the life of the school community, to support its distinctive mission and ethos and to encourage staff and students to follow this example
• Actively promoting school policies and procedures
• To be responsible for own continued professional development
• Complying with the school’s Health & Safety policy and undertake risk assessments as appropriate.
• To provide quality cover (relevant, engaging work that students can undertake in your absence) if you are absent. Ensuring cover work is provided in a timely manner. In accordance with the cover policy.
• To undertake duties before the school day, at break, over the lunch period and after the school day on a rota basis
• To attend meetings scheduled in the school calendar punctually
• To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students.
• To support curriculum development, including but not limited to the following: Schemes of Work, Assessment Framework, Internal Assessments, Homework.
• To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment and achievement.
• To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
• To organise subject relevant workshops for staff and parents when appropriate.
• To undertake a designated programme of teaching across all year groups as required to at least a good standard consistently.
• To plan and have available on request short term and medium term planning.
• Teach consistently high quality lessons
• Plan and deliver schemes of work and lessons that meet the requirements of the UK National Curriculum.
• Ensure that lessons planned take into account, levels of targeted attainment, literacy and individual student needs.
• Be a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in your subject area
• To maintain appropriate records and to provide relevant accurate and up-to-date information for the school assessment system.
• To complete the relevant documentation to assist in the tracking of students.
• Set expectations for staff and students in relation to standards of achievement and the quality of learning & teaching.
• Prioritise and manage time effectively, ensuring continued professional development in line with the role.
• To follow the school policies and procedures.
• To ensure the effective/efficient deployment of classroom support where appropriate.
• To maintain discipline in accordance with the school procedures, and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework.
• To be fully prepared before the start of the lesson, ready to meet he students in the corridor
• Work with colleagues to develop activities that link with the units of inquiry where possible.
• Promote aspects of Personal Development
• Updating professional knowledge and expertise as appropriate to keep up to date with developments in teaching practice and methodology, in general, and in your specific subject area(s).
• Ensure a high quality learning environment within your learning area
• To follow department policy regarding department tracking of student progress and use information to inform learning and teaching
• To continue personal development in the relevant areas including subject knowledge and teaching methods.
• Participate in whole school Continuous Professional Development programs.
• To take part in the staff development programs by participating in arrangements for further training and professional development.
• Bachelor’s degree
• PGCE Qualification/educational degree in area of specialization.
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Minimum 3 years of working experience at secondary or high school level.
• Native English speakers only
If this position of a Biology Teacher is of interest to you, please send a copy of your CV to Sarah.B@Chase.ie or call me today on (+)353 66 9762007.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.