Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce we are currently seeking a Senior Lecturer – Business Management for our client based in Qatar.
The prime role of the Senior Business Lecturer is to provide strong academic leadership and would be required to lead, manage and develop the department to ensure it achieves the highest possible standards of excellence in all activities.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Senior Lecturer – Business Management:
• Undertake teaching activities in the curriculum area, ensuring high quality of provision, in response to learners’ needs and in line with professional teaching standards
• Be responsible to the Head of Academics for an agreed teaching programme in Business and other related areas
• Teach Business / ICT programmes but may be required to teach on any other course offered by the College for which the post holder is appropriately qualified
• Work collaboratively and innovatively with managers and colleagues to design, develop, manage and review programmes in the curriculum area
• Develop course materials, schemes of work, group profiles etc. as required and make these available prior to course starting dates and are made available through the colleges shared information systems
• Deliver academic tutorials to provide students with feedback on progress and formative guidance on how to improve performance to assure success
• Maintain records of work and student attendance, progress and assessment in accordance with approved procedures and will provide them as requested by Student Services Department, Head of Academics, Head of Operations and the Principal
• Undertake assessment and internal verification activities in accordance with the requirements of the relevant qualifications awarding bodies and the College’s internal quality assurance procedures
• Keep up to date with research in own field and participate in College research programmes
• Ensure all Health and Safety procedures are followed and assist in the maintenance of high standards of Health and Safety throughout the College
• Contribute fully to the co-ordination, development, promotion and delivery of the range of courses offered by the College as required and will promote, manage and develop appropriate short courses as led by market forces or local/national needs
• Participate in the promotion of courses including marketing events, dealing with course enquiries and recruitment to courses, etc
• Work experience is an integral part of many courses and the post holder will be expected to assist in finding and monitoring work experience placements and in liaising with employers and the College to provide quality links.
• Assist in ensuring that expected standards of students’ behaviour are adhered to
• Participate in/arrange approved student visits, trips etc as and when required in accordance with College procedures
• Attend staff meetings, meetings with moderators/verifiers, parents’ evenings, industry updating/staff development and training events etc. as required by the Head of Academics
• Ensure Information Learning Technology (ILT) is a driving force to create an efficient and effective working and learning environment
• Embed within all learning activities the opportunity to improve students English and Maths
• Regularly evaluate course inputs through course teams, staff development and student feedback
• In accordance with the College’s quality procedures, implement and monitor the self-assessment process and ensure continuous quality improvement of standards of performance in teaching and learning
• Participate in the College’s Appraisal and Review process
• Work in accordance with the College’s Equality and Diversity Policy at all times
• Commit to and uphold, the College’s Environmental Policies and aspirations for sustainable learning provision
• BA Degree in relevant Business discipline
• MA in relevant Business Discipline
• IELTS 7.5 Academic Certification for non-native English speakers
If you are interested in the role of Senior Lecturer – Business Management, please send a copy of your resume to Sarah.B@Chase.ie or call Sarah on (+)353 66 9762007
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.