Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce that we are seeking a Chemistry Specialist for one of our major clients located in the UAE
This is a fantastic opportunity for any Chemistry teachers looking to gain invaluable experience along with earning a very competitive salary.
Job Specifications of a Chemistry Specialist:
• Developing clear and detailed test blueprints and specifications.
• Recruiting, training and managing an effective team of voluntary test writers from educational environments.
• Constructing the final test versions and managing all processes and preparations for secure administration.
• Statistically analysing the overall quality of the exams, the sub-domains, and the individual items on all tests.
• Providing feedback and training to item writers on the quality of their work.
• Securely building and maintaining a high-quality item bank.
• Providing leadership in an ongoing and iterative way for improvements in all aspects of the testing system.
• Responsible for leading the development and deployment of a system of standardized tests for Chemistry.
• Responsible for taking an active role in collecting data from stakeholders on how successfully the tests are being deployed and used across the system.
• Responsible for leading the provision of communication of results, training and support, though a programme of seminars and workshops, to inform unit writers on international best practices that support unit writing best practice standards.
• Responsible for identifying and develop areas of research of publishable quality that would benefit and inform the successful implementation and ongoing improvement of the testing system.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry (MA or MS preferable)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in education
• Knowledge and experience in educational measurement as it relates to Chemistry and other STEM subjects in an instructional context.
• Ability to coordinate the construction of high-quality exams from subject blueprints and to evaluate the effectiveness of blueprints, item writing and examination construction.
• Ability to work within a computer-mediated exam system with a commitment to pursue the appropriate use of available technology.
• Knowledge of MS Office suite, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to effectively communicate locally and internationally.
• Ability to provide training to potential item writers and to teachers within the education system using sound test construction principles.
• Possess highly developed leadership and effective management skills, with capacity to initiate, implement and sustain improvements within a team environment, as well as the ability to work flexibly and cooperatively as a member of a team.
If you are interested in this position, please send a copy of your CV to info@Chase.ie or call +353 (0) 66 9762007