Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce that we are currently recruiting a Food Science and Inspection Teacher for a major client of ours based in the United Arab Emirates.
• Teaches assigned culinary courses, and associated labs; maintains written instructional standards; facilitates instruction using alternative delivery methods as needed; informs students in writing of instructional standards; participates in the assessment of student learning outcomes; establishes, maintains and submits accurate student and instructional records in a timely manner Facilitate applied lessons in an engaging and progressive manner.
• Assists in the management of the culinary arts program; plans menus, purchases food and other supplies, ensures proper food handling, storage, and sanitation practices; maintains equipment and supply inventory to include student lab uniforms.
• Develops new courses, curriculum, instructional materials, and evaluation tools; reviews and updates course outlines, textbooks, laboratories and course procedure sheets for culinary courses; assists with the preparation of course proposals, curriculum updates and the construction of programs.
• Participates in culinary course scheduling, department and school meetings; serves on Ministry committees as assigned; collaborates with the Business Development Unit, along with other managers, to review and maintain the integrity of department curriculum.
• Maintains partnerships with local area restaurants to assist in arranging field experiences for students; collaborates with the community in support of college culinary events, competitions and fairs.
• Deliver the curriculum according to 21st century teaching and learning principles.
• Model and support an applied, learner-centered, hands-on classroom environment that promotes learner engagement and participation.
• Ensure that students reach the expected age-related outcomes.
• Create a positive, active, practical, applied learning environment.
• Manage all facilities and activities related to achieve student learning.
• Play a leadership role in modeling behaviour, attitudes, and learning behaviours for students.
• Support the learning process by identifying needs and guiding students to achieve their learning objectives.
• Ensure assessments are delivered according to the assessment strategy and guidelines, in a valid and rigorous manner.
• Maintain an accurate record of student achievement and performance.
• Create positive and effective relationships with colleagues.
• Promote a positive teaching and learning environment in Ministry of Education (MoE) schools across the Emirates.
• Facilitate applied lessons in an engaging and progressive manner.
• Ensure successful implementation of the new curriculum and assessment strategy.
• Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of the new curriculum and assessment strategy
Relevant degree from an accredited higher education institute in any of the following disciplines:
• Bachelors in Culinary Arts
• Bachelors in a culinary industry field
• Minimum of 2 years teaching experience
If this position of a Food Science and Inspection Teacher is of interest to you, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call today on 00353 66 9762007