Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce that we are seeking a Head of Academics for one of major clients based in Qatar.
Key Responsibilities of a Head of Academics:
Leadership and Management
• Be responsible and accountable for setting and advancing the academic strategy of the Faculties in line with City College strategic plans and direction
• Lead academic committees and contribute to the overall leadership and management of the faculties. It is expected that the Head of Academics will carry functional responsibility for the overall performance of the academic Faculties.
• Develop and sustain appropriate structures for management, consultation, decision-making and communication with staff and students
• Lead on the College Academic Committee and be responsible for overall quality assurance and enhancement.
• Promote and represent the University both internally and externally.
Teachers and Students
Ensure that students receive the best possible experience through:
• the fulfilment of the Colleges responsibilities concerning students in respect of their admission, instruction, progress and assessments
• the availability of pastoral support
• adhere to the academic regulations and procedures laid down by the college and the Board of Trustees
• refresh and develop new programmes in order to attract new students and markets
• Create and exploit new opportunities for knowledge transfer activity in order to secure additional income streams and new areas of teaching and/or research
• Contribute to University-wide initiatives in order to improve understanding and communication of this area
• Encourage staff to become reflective practitioners, engaging in small scale action research projects, participating as workshop or seminar presenters in conferences or webinars and publishing articles in academic journals.
• Ensure the highest levels of quality, integrity and ethics in all research work undertaken
• Begin to create a dynamic and forward-looking research environment for both staff and students within the department.
• Manage all academic staff within the department to ensure that City College HR policies and procedures are implemented
• Ensure that staff performance is managed appropriately and in a way that is consistent with the expectations of the college, and that fair workload allocation processes are in place
• Ensure all staff have access to the necessary support to enable them to contribute fully and develop their skills and experience
• Engender a culture of excellence, co-operation and respect both within and beyond the department
• Use all staffing resources effectively and seek opportunities for collaboration and joint working with others beyond the faculties
• Include student representatives in various decision-making committees, as appropriate
• Maintain a safe and healthy environment for both staff and students, and full compliance with health and safety requirements
• Have management responsibility for devolved faculty budgets and comply with City College financial regulations
• Manage income and expenditure in order to promote financial sustainability
• Ensure that the asset register is kept up to date and all faculty equipment/facilities are properly maintained and serviced as required
• Lead on policy and procedures for quality assurance and enhancement.
• Make sure that all activities including teaching, research, quality assurance and management of all resources are carried out to the highest possible standards and put in place the necessary evaluation and monitoring procedures to ensure both compliance and improvement
• Comply with auditing, quality assurance and risk management procedures both internal and external
• Have a strong academic record and standing through publications, research or teaching – although management skills and aptitude will be more important
• Possess a minimum of a master’s degree in a Business specialism from a recognized university. A research or professional doctoral degree is desirable
• Be a qualified teacher
• Possess a broad understanding of the academic disciplines within the department
• Be a native speaker of English or present a current IELTs 7.5 on appointment, if a second language speaker.
• Be computer literate
If you are interested in this position, please send a copy of your CV to Sarah.B@Chase.ie or call (+) 353 66 9762007
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.