Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce that we are currently recruiting a Head of Maths for a major client of ours based in Qatar.
A great opportunity to be part of highly reputable school and earn a tax free salary!
Key Responsibilities of Head of Maths include:
• To play a full part in the life of the school community, to support its distinctive mission and ethos and to encourage staff and students to follow this example
• To actively promote school policies and procedures
• To be responsible for own continued professional development
• To comply with the school’s Health & Safety policy and undertake risk assessments as appropriate.
• To provide quality cover (relevant, engaging work that students can undertake in your absence) if you are absent. Ensuring cover work is provided in a timely manner. In accordance with the cover policy.
• To undertake duties before the school day, at break, over the lunch period and after the school day on a rota basis
• To attend meetings scheduled in the school calendar punctually
• To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students.
• To support curriculum development, including but not limited to the following: Schemes of Work, Assessment Framework, Internal Assessments, Homework.
• To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment and achievement.
• To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
• To organise subject relevant workshops for staff and parents when appropriate.
• To undertake a designated programme of teaching across all year groups as required to at least a good standard consistently.
• To plan and have available on request short term and medium term planning.
• Teach consistently high quality lessons
• Plan and deliver schemes of work and lessons that meet the requirements of the UK National Curriculum.
• Ensure that lessons planned take into account, levels of targeted attainment, literacy and individual student needs.
• Be a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in your subject area
• To maintain appropriate records and to provide relevant accurate and up-to-date information for the school assessment system.
• To complete the relevant documentation to assist in the tracking of students.
• Set expectations for staff and students in relation to standards of achievement and the quality of learning & teaching.
• Prioritize and manage time effectively, ensuring continued professional development in line with the role.
• To follow the school policies and procedures.
• To ensure the effective/efficient deployment of classroom support where appropriate.
• To maintain discipline in accordance with the school procedures, and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework.
• To be fully prepared before the start of the lesson, ready to meet he students in the corridor
• Work with colleagues to develop activities that link with the units of inquiry where possible.
• Promote aspects of Personal Development
• Updating professional knowledge and expertise as appropriate to keep up to date with developments in teaching practice and methodology, in general, and in your specific subject area(s).
• Ensure a high quality learning environment within your learning area
• To follow department policy regarding department tracking of student progress and use information to inform learning and teaching
• To continue personal development in the relevant areas including subject knowledge and teaching methods.
• Participate in whole school Continuous Professional Development programs.
• To take part in the staff development programs by participating in arrangements for further training and professional development.
• Bachelor’s degree
• PGCE Qualification/educational degree in area of specialization.
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Minimum 3 years of working experience.
• Native English speakers only
If this position of Head of Maths is of interest to you, please send a copy of your CV to info@Chase.ie or call today on (+)353 66 9762007